From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] overlay and github out of sync again
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:32:19
1 Hi,
2
3 On 07/02/2014 01:19 PM, François Bissey wrote:
4 > Consider that I am the village idiot, you have to explain to me how you
5 > integrated the two branches that each had a commit that the other didn’t
6 > have.
9 quite simple ;-)
10
11 consider you have two branches in your local repo: github-master and
12 gentoo-master, and you have two remotes: github and gentoo. Then you do
13 something like:
14
15 git checkout github-master
16 git pull
17 git checkout gentoo-master
18 git pull
19
20 Now your local branches are in sync with remote, you can do merging
21
22 git checkout github-master
23 git merge gentoo-master
24 git push github github-master:master
25
26 git checkout gentoo-master
27 git merge github-master
28 git push gentoo gentoo-master:master
29
30 You can do it with less commands, but I've written it this way, so
31 everything should be completely clear. )
32
33 Regards,
34 Jauhien