From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] overlay and github out of sync again
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 13:12:33
1 On 02/07/14 13:32, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 07/02/2014 01:19 PM, François Bissey wrote:
5 >> Consider that I am the village idiot, you have to explain to me how you
6 >> integrated the two branches that each had a commit that the other didn’t
7 >> have.
10 > quite simple ;-)
11 >
12 > consider you have two branches in your local repo: github-master and
13 > gentoo-master, and you have two remotes: github and gentoo. Then you do
14 > something like:
15 >
16 > git checkout github-master
17 > git pull
18 > git checkout gentoo-master
19 > git pull
20 >
21 > Now your local branches are in sync with remote, you can do merging
22 >
23 > git checkout github-master
24 > git merge gentoo-master
25 > git push github github-master:master
26 >
27 > git checkout gentoo-master
28 > git merge github-master
29 > git push gentoo gentoo-master:master
30 >
31 > You can do it with less commands, but I've written it this way, so
32 > everything should be completely clear. )
33 >
34 > Regards,
35 > Jauhien
38 Hey guys,
39
40 as I wrote some month ago, I placed a script into the script dir called
41 "merge-dualHEAD" which we can use for syncing.
42
43 Justin