From: "François Bissey" <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] BLAS and LAPACK dependecy resolution
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:58:16
1 On 2013-09-12 10:16, Markus Oehme wrote:
2 > Hi everybody,
3 >
4 > every time I touch anything realted to blas and lapack it blows up in
5 > my
6 > face. I just did a fresh install on my computer and I'm getting all
7 > sorts of
8 > 'cannot find blas' and 'cannot find lapack' (hence currently no sage
9 > for me
10 > since half it dependencies don't build). Is there some documentation as
12 > how to sort this mess out?
13 >
14 > Even more fun: I'm currently unable to install eselect::science (which
15 > is as
16 > I understand it necessary to flee the above mentioned hell), since
17 > eselect-bashcomp requires >=eselect-1.3.8.
18 >
19 > I'm even annoyed enough that I think I could devote some time to
20 > helping to
21 > make an end to this snafu -- if somebody points out, how. (My first
22 > guess
23 > is, that it would reduce the clusterfuck potential if the science
24 > overlay
25 > and main tree machinery [eselect::science I'm looking at you], could be
26 > synced again).
27 >
28 My first step to solve problems is to mask
29 app-admin/eselect::gentoo
30 Second we should maintain and distribute a package.keywords list
31 for the blas/lapack stack, we could alternative distribute a
32 package.mask
33 for the main tree blas/lapack stack.
34 Bear in mind that we cannot mask the main tree blas/lapack stack from
35 the overlay's profile. Such a package.mask only affects the overlay.
36 So in any case you will need to explicitly copy or link to a provided
37 file (whether it is a mask or a keyword file).
38
39 Francois