From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] python 2.7 end of life
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 10:43:07
1 Hi François,
2
3 François Bissey <frp.bissey@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > As you may have noticed, support for python 2.7 in the ipython stack
6 > has been removed from the main tree. Since ipython is an essential
7 > part of sage I removed python 2.7 support from all current sage
8 > ebuilds. I also removed the old sage notebook as it is a python 2.7
9 > only component. There may be further clean up of the overlay to remove
10 > some bits that were only needed for the old sage notebook.
11
12 Thank you very much for your work!
13
14 Benda, a happy user of sage-on-gentoo