From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] python 2.7 end of life
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 23:56:24
1 Hi,
2
3 As you may have noticed, support for python 2.7 in the ipython stack has been
4 removed from the main tree.
5 Since ipython is an essential part of sage I removed python 2.7 support from
6 all current sage ebuilds. I also removed the old sage notebook as it is a
7 python 2.7 only component. There may be further clean up of the overlay to remove
8 some bits that were only needed for the old sage notebook.
9
10 Cheers,
11 François
12