From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] maxima-5.11.0-r1 in gentooscience.org
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:57:21
1 On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > On a related note, the Axiom ebuild in Portage is a tad old, I think. Axiom
3 > now has two repositories, a "silver" and a "gold" branch. Both of them have
4 > more recent source that what's in Portage. I'd recommend at least getting a
5 > "gold" ebuild into Portage, probably replacing the one that's in there now.
6 Axiom in portage is hopelessly out of date. I was going to do something
7 about it for quite some time. But the current situation concerning Axiom
8 is rather unclear. There are more than two branches, several version
9 control systems are used, etc. I was hoping that the build-improvements
10 branch will become stable (in it, the build machinery is much simpler and
11 more standard), and then I'll write a ebuild. But it has not happened yet.
12
13 Andrey
14 --
15 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list