From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.science@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o, Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Fwd: Re: Interested in becoming a Gentoo developer
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 19:03:32
1 On 9/4/20 10:51 AM, Andrew Ammerlaan wrote:
2 > I'm interested in joining the Science Team as a developer. For a detailed description of my previous experience with ebuilds and Gentoo I refer to the emails I forwarded below (the short summary is that I maintain spyder (The Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment) and some dependencies in ::gentoo, and that I'm a Trusted Contributor to the GURU project.). I'll also add some more information on what I do scientifically in this email.
3 > After just over 5 years of studying Physics, I'm at the verge of completing my Masters in Physics of Molecules and Materials. The past year I've been busy with an internship at the High Field Magnet Laboratory (Nijmegen, The Netherlands), where I've been working on creating a setup for Oscillating Cantilever Magnetometry, with varying levels of success (the pandemic didn't make things easier). I submitted my Thesis this week, and am currently awaiting a review and a result. After which I'm hoping to start a PhD (if the pandemic allows that).
6 Hi Andrew,
7 Sorry for the late reply, but we have only recently
8 started cleaning up ::science.
9
10 We would love to get your help with the physics packages
11 and any else that you are interested in.
12
13 Currently we would love help with updating our old packages in
14 sci-physics/* and frankly most of sci is currently really old.
15
16 If you find any packages that you want to update, please make PR's
17 and I will be try to be swift with commenting and merging when they are
18 good.
19
20 Thanks a lot,
21 Aisha