From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:02:26
Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote:

>> I dont like this idea >> 1. it will not be easyer to contribute, better to ask infra to setup >> patchwork or gerrit >> 2. there is gentoo bugzilla and tag [science overlay] >> 3. wiki.gentoo.org up and running
1. much faster to open an account on github than to go through a chain of emails between the contributor, infra and gentoo devs. 1. easier to track clones and pull 1. good luck having a code reviewing tool accepted by infra within a reasonable time frame 2. bugzilla + tag [science overlay] is a hack prone to human mistake that gives unnecessary work to bugs scanners, whereas a unified scm+issue system going straight to the dev 3. wiki.g.o is up but not unified to a specific project, I have not seen a single sci contribution yet It would be awesome to have infra set up Gentoo projects with a nice unified web+wiki+issue tracker+repo. Unfortunately I don't see it happening in the next year or so. Meanwhile external solutions exist. Basically the idea is to reduce work load and bureaucracy while improving code quality. -- Sébastien