From: Alessandro Yoshi Polliotti <polliotti@××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] mpb: dependencies require two mpi implementations
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:36:47
1 These two libs need different mpi implementations, and both are needed for
2 mpb:
3
4 [ebuild N ] sci-libs/hdf5-1.6.4 USE="mpi ssl
5 zlib -debug -hlapi -static -szip -threads" 4,748 kB
6 needs mpich2
7
8 [ebuild NS ] sci-libs/fftw-2.1.5-r2 USE="mpi" 1,227 kB
9 needs lam-mpi
10
11 Needless to say, the two implementations block each other.
12 I assume that both of them are quite computationally intensive since they have
13 mpi support. The question is: which one of the libraries should I compile
14 with mpi support, given that they will be used with mpb?
15
16 ps: thanks for helping me solve the previous problems.
19 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
20 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
21 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
22 V for Vendetta
23 --
24 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list