From: Neil Shephard <nshephard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] eclass for R
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:42:28
1 On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Davide Cittaro
2 <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 > Does anybody know if there is a ready-to-use eclass for R packages? In
5 > princible it should just run
6 > R CMD INSTALL ${P}
7 > once dowloaded, as CFLAGS and CC are inherited from the ones used for
8 > building R...
9 > Thanks
10 > d
11
12 Not as far as I'm aware. There was a proposal to have R package
13 support developed as part of the Google Summer of Code (see
14 http://www.nabble.com/Google-Summer-of-Code-td15825129.html) and there
15 is some support for R packages in paludis (see above and also
16 http://www.nabble.com/R-packages-from-CRAN--td16298845.html where you
17 got some similar responses).
18
19 It would be very handy to have Gentoo (portage or paludis) support
20 CRAN packages in the same way CPAN is supported. I don't have a clue
21 where to start though.
22
23 Neil
27 "We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler." -
28 Anon (not Albert Einstein)
29
30 Email - nshephard@×××××.com
31 Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/