From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] numpy-1.4.1/scipy-0.8.0
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:57:59
1 On 09/10/2010 05:47:10 AM, François Bissey wrote:
2 >> On 09/09/2010 03:47:27 AM, François Bissey wrote:
3 >> > Hi Steve,
4 >> >
5 >> > just to be clear, when you enter the data of the test manually in sage
6 >> > there is no problems?
7 >> > We already have one test like that, and there are a few reports of
8 >> > phantom failing tests on sage-devel so it is possible.
9 >> >
10 >> > Francois
11 >>
12 >> François ,
13 >>
14 >> When the following
15 >>
16 >> sage: x = polygen(GF(121, 'a'))
17 >> sage: C = HyperellipticCurve(x^5 + x - 1, x^2 + 2)
18 >> sage: len(C.points())
21 >> is entered manually I get the expected result. The last line of the sage
22 >> input is where
23 >>
24 >> sage -t -force_lib
25 >> "devel/sage/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/hyperelliptic_finite_field.py
26 >> "
27 >>
28 >> fails. I downgraded to
29 >>
30 >> sage-doc-4.5.2-r1
31 >> numpy-1.3.0-r2
32 >> scipy-0.7.2-r1
33 >> sage-4.5.2-r1
34 >>
35 >> and the test passed. I then upgraded to the latest sage-doc, numpy, scipy
36 >> and sage and the test passed, but only the first time. On subsequent tries
37 >> the test has failed.
38 >>
39 > The important bit, I think, is that when you enter the data manually you get
40 > the expected results. There is quite possibly something wrong with the
41 > doctests framework. Some of it may come from the port to Gentoo, but
42 > as I said there are other people in the sage community that wonder about
43 > the same thing.
44 >
45 > We probably should enter that as a recorded issue on github, other people
46 > may get it from time to time.
47 >
48 > Francois
49 >
50 Just an update. The subject test of this thread no longer fails here with
51 sage-4.5.3?
52
53 Steve