From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] numpy-1.4.1/scipy-0.8.0
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:47:36
1 > On 09/09/2010 03:47:27 AM, François Bissey wrote:
2 > > Hi Steve,
3 > >
4 > > just to be clear, when you enter the data of the test manually in sage
5 > > there is no problems?
6 > > We already have one test like that, and there are a few reports of
7 > > phantom failing tests on sage-devel so it is possible.
8 > >
9 > > Francois
10 >
11 > François ,
12 >
13 > When the following
14 >
15 > sage: x = polygen(GF(121, 'a'))
16 > sage: C = HyperellipticCurve(x^5 + x - 1, x^2 + 2)
17 > sage: len(C.points())
20 > is entered manually I get the expected result. The last line of the sage
21 > input is where
22 >
23 > sage -t -force_lib
24 > "devel/sage/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/hyperelliptic_finite_field.py
25 > "
26 >
27 > fails. I downgraded to
28 >
29 > sage-doc-4.5.2-r1
30 > numpy-1.3.0-r2
31 > scipy-0.7.2-r1
32 > sage-4.5.2-r1
33 >
34 > and the test passed. I then upgraded to the latest sage-doc, numpy, scipy
35 > and sage and the test passed, but only the first time. On subsequent tries
36 > the test has failed.
37 >
38 The important bit, I think, is that when you enter the data manually you get
39 the expected results. There is quite possibly something wrong with the
40 doctests framework. Some of it may come from the port to Gentoo, but
41 as I said there are other people in the sage community that wonder about
42 the same thing.
43
44 We probably should enter that as a recorded issue on github, other people
45 may get it from time to time.
46
47 Francois