From: "François Bissey" <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Future of the packaging of SuiteSparse
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:04:44
1 On 7/11/22 14:55, François Bissey wrote:
2 > I am very of the mind that we should stop the splitting. Versionning of
3 > the individual packages is a bit in the air but following the meta
4 > package versioning is the easiest maintenance wise.
5
6 Writing down stuff and posting it helps to think about it. Following the
7 meta packaging versioning may break tracking with repology, so best to
8 avoid it.
9
10 Other stuff that I should mention:
11 doc building will not happen with the current cmake implementation. Meta
12 building is still handled by a makefile with some options and docs are
13 still built by the generic makefiles.
14
15 Same with test suites. We currently use "Demo" as test suites. They can
16 be built from cmake (at least in some of the packages) but they are not
17 currently executed and tested by cmake.
18
19 openmp: is currently automagic for most packages supporting it. Used if
20 found. I can work with upstream to turn it off if necessary.y
21
22 Upside: cuda is handled fairly well by cmake compared to autoconf.
23
24 François