From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 01:02:25
fbissey@××××××××××××.nz писал 2012-02-07 23:52:
> Quoting Sébastien Fabbro <bicatali@g.o>: > >> Hi, >> >> We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science >> overlay >> to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the >> advantages we would like to >> get: >> 1. easier to contribute >> 2. specific issue tracker >> 3. wiki >> > Other people have made useful comments already. The only point that I > think > is interesting about github is the possibility to clone the overlay > and have > pull requests. > Effectively that means people can contribute without ever getting > infra > involved and an external contributor can send a pull request even if > they are > not a member of the github science team. > > Francois
Actualy you can send pull request even now =) Its git. See for example linux kernel related work -- Best Regards, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Russia Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Gentoo Team Ru Gentoo Linux Dev mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com mailto:alexxy@g.o mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru