From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-science] New sub-project Gentoo Science Physics
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:12:10
1 On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 12:23 -0400, Francois Castonguay wrote:
2 > Good morning all, I’m not sure of the proper protocol to respond to
3 > this specific mailing list, but I figure this was such a great
4 > opportunity, that I couldn’t miss it. I have one more year in order to
5 > graduate form my bachelor in physics and computer science. I have been
6 > added on the science mailing list for a couple of month now, at the
7 > same time that I started being interested in Gentoo. I’m now up and
8 > running with my first Gentoo machine and would like to help the
9 > community. I do not know how much my contribution can be of an asset
10 > but I need to start somewhere.
11 >
12 > I love physics, and I’m starting to enjoy Gentoo. How can I help?
13 >
14 > (Sorry for those who where forced to read my life story, I figure it
15 > was important to tell where I was before to start anything serious.)
18 > François
21 Glade to know you are interested in this sub project. If you want to be
22 in contact with the comunity you can stay on #gentoo-science and talk
23 with another users and devs. You can subscribe the Mailing list and much
24 much more things you can do.
25 For now we are interested in adding new applications to the tree
26 (related with physics) this task is sometimes difficult because there
27 isn't enough publicity of this applications. So you can research and
28 write an ebuild (if you want to get involved in the development). Of
29 course you can tell us how to you relate Gentoo with your physics works.
30 You can also suggest anything you think it will improve this project.
31
32 Greetings
35 Gentoo Linux Developer
36 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod