From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] maxima-5.11.0-r1 in gentooscience.org
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:49:07
1 Hello *,
2
3 I've just committed maxima-5.11.0-r1 to gentooscience.org. There are
4 several changes as compared to 5.11.0 (inspired by fedora).
5
6 maxima-5.11.0-r1 now depends on x11-misc/xdg-utils, and uses xdg-open
7 for viewing html, ps, pdf files. Each user can configure his/her
8 prefered browser etc. xdg-utils is proposed as a desktop standard,
9 and, I think, should be used much more than now. Now each application
10 which needs, e.g., to view some html files, tries to select a browser
11 in its own way, incompatible with other applications (I know, I wrote
12 such ebuilds myself). It is much better to depend on xdg-utils, and
13 just to call xdg-open. Then changing $BROWSER will influence all
14 applications uniformly.
15
16 sbcl-disable-debugger.patch dropped, see
17 http://bugzilla.redhat.com/214568
18
19 I've also committed texmacs-1.0.6.8 which supports maxima-5.11.0.
20
21 I think it would be good to move this to the mainline portage tree.
22
23 Andrey
24 --
25 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list