From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.science@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-geosciences/grass unavailable
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 19:17:55
1 On 10/3/20 2:58 PM, Aisha Tammy wrote:
2 > On 10/3/20 2:50 PM, Fosco wrote:
3 >> Hi all.
4 >>
5 >> I recently synced and found that sci-geosciences/grass has no available
6 >> ebuilds.
7 >>
8 >> I checked on https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sci-geosciences/grass
9 >> and the server returns 404.
10 >>
11 >> I checked with no luck for a move on https://gpo.zugaina.org/  .
12 >>
13 >> I didn't notice a "under removal" flag on Grass Gis recently.
14 >>
15 >> Am I missing something?
16 >>
17 >> Thank you
18
19 My apologies, seems I misremembered grass as pydap (which I removed)
20
21 We still have a package sci-biology/grass present in the tree.
22 Perhaps this is the one that you meant?
23
24 Aisha
28 > Yes, grass was removed as it had not been updated in over 3 years.
29 > We are currently short of personnel to keep sci clean and update, so
30 > we removed the package.
31 >
32 > If you are interested in having grass present, we would love to get
33 > it back with a maintainer, even better if it has been updated upstream.
34 >
35 > Best,
36 > Aisha