From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-scire@l.g.o, gentoo-installer <gentoo-installer@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-scire] Quickstart 0.5 Released
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:37:29
I've just released Quickstart 0.5. I've been slacking terribly since the 0.4
release back on December 31, 2006. However, I have done a few things, and I
decided it was enough to justify doing another release. Here's the short list:

* added support for creating/mounting XFS and reiserfs3
* various fixes to the handling of extended/logical partitions
* add disk detection, so that you can use $disk0 instead of /dev/hda for more
   flexible install profiles
* automatically modify TIMEZONE in /etc/conf.d/clock
* full busybox compatibility
* allow specification of extra kernel commandline parameters
* added a fetcher for tftp:// URIs
* many bugs fixed. this is essentially a permanent fixture in this list for
   every release :P

If you would like more information, the project page for Quickstart is available
at <>.

Andrew Gaffney
Gentoo Linux Developer             Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
gentoo-scire@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-scire] Quickstart 0.5 Released John Alberts <john.m.alberts@×××××.com>