From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-scire@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-scire] Quickstart 0.5 Released
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:27:31
John Alberts wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2008 5:37 PM, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote: >> I've just released Quickstart 0.5. ... > > I just wanted to say thank you for working on this. I really think > this these type of projects (quickstart and scire) are important to > help spread Gentoo's use in universities and in businesses, which I > think is important for any Linux distribution. > Is quickstart being used in the Scire project?
Yes, they will be able to be used together. However, neither one will require the other. The projects share a common developer (me).
> Has anyone used quickstart and posted their experiences somewhere?
Yes, a surprising number of people (to me, anyway) have been using Quickstart since shortly after I did the first release in October of 2006. I'm not sure about people posting their experiences, but I'm sure a google search for "quickstart gentoo" will turn up a few things. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-scire@l.g.o mailing list