From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-scire@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-scire] Quickstart 0.5 Released
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:27:31
1 John Alberts wrote:
2 > On Feb 10, 2008 5:37 PM, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I've just released Quickstart 0.5. ...
4 >
5 > I just wanted to say thank you for working on this. I really think
6 > this these type of projects (quickstart and scire) are important to
7 > help spread Gentoo's use in universities and in businesses, which I
8 > think is important for any Linux distribution.
9 > Is quickstart being used in the Scire project?
10
11 Yes, they will be able to be used together. However, neither one will require
12 the other. The projects share a common developer (me).
13
14 > Has anyone used quickstart and posted their experiences somewhere?
15
16 Yes, a surprising number of people (to me, anyway) have been using Quickstart
17 since shortly after I did the first release in October of 2006. I'm not sure
18 about people posting their experiences, but I'm sure a google search for
19 "quickstart gentoo" will turn up a few things.
22 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
24 --
25 gentoo-scire@l.g.o mailing list