From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] No GLSA since January?!?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:10:12
On Friday 26 August 2011 20:00:15 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
> On Friday, August 26, 2011 07:06:35 PM Christian Kauhaus wrote: > > Am 26.08.2011 18:55, schrieb Alex Legler: > > > Compared to other distributions, our advisories have been rather > > > detailed with lots of manually researched information. I'm not sure > > > if > > > we can keep up this very high standard with the limited manpower, > > > but > > > we'll try our best. > > > > I see the point. I think it would be an achievement over the current > > situation (which is: no current GLSAs at all) to send out less detailed > > GLSAs. Even something short as: "$PACKAGE has vulnerabilities, they are > > fixed in $VERSION, for details see $CVE" would be immensely helpful. > > > > Is the any viable way to get it at least to this point? Probably the > > largest part of such a task could be automated. This would lift the > > burden from the security maintainers. > > I agree on this. > I don't (yet) know enough to actually help in this. I tend to follow > advisories and try to keep my machines as much up-to-date as possible. > > More brief GSLAs like what Christian mentioned are, for the majority, > sufficient. If someone really needs more information, there is always > google. >
Like I said, please use Bugzilla and some basic filtering to get notifications until we can provide full advisories again. I realize it's not a solution and you will get the information somewhat unfiltered, but it is a reliable and most importantly currently available source of information. Alex -- Alex Legler <a3li@g.o> Gentoo Security / Ruby

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] No GLSA since January?!? Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>