From: Chris Frey <cdfrey@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: The solution and hopefully the end.
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:25:11
1 On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:52:02PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > The original fix suggested won't work for a number of reasons that I'm not
3 > going to bother to re-hash here. I did suggest an alternate solution that
4 > I think is going to work and Peter has agreed to write the code to
5 > implement it.
6 [snip]
7 > This thread has gone on long enough. The
8 > solution that's been agreeed upon is signing the daily snapshots that we
9 > provide for users who can't use rsync. (/snapshots directory on your
10 > favorite source mirror)
11
12 Fantastic idea! If you need help writing or testing this script, you guys
13 know where to find me. :-) I'm not a python guru, but the main script
14 shouldn't need much more than bash.
15
16 Thanks,
17 - Chris