From: Mark Guertin <guertin@××××××××××××××.com>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] ewarn/einfo behavior (was Samba Testing Help)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:51:53
1 Thanks for the reply Daniel
2
3 I personally don't have the time to chase this down and spec it out,
4 but hopefully someone else on the list would pick up the ball and take
5 it! It seems like something that could be done with minimal intrusion
6 to portage itself (adding a couple of calls to einfo and ewarn, and a
7 mechanism to check at the end to any messages).
8
9 Ideally it would be nice to be able to see this stuff before the actual
10 emerge as well, so it might not even have to be that involved ...
11 likely more like stashing the pkglist aside, and then doing a quick
12 parse for einfo/ewarn and displaying would suffice. Maybe it could
13 even be something in userland as opposed to portage itself ala
14 gentoolkit.
15
16 Hope someone can pick up the ball on this stuff, would be great to see!
17
18 Mark
19