From: Alex Efros <powerman@×××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [Fwd: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Automated SSH login attempts?]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:44:38
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 05:55:30PM -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
4 > I can understand a MCSE (meaning someone who's only admin training is a
5 > MCSE prep course) creating those dumb accounts on a Windows box, but why
6 > would any Linux/UNIX admin ever open their box up like that? They might as
7 > well just bend over and pull down their pants ;)
8
9 :) I've nearly same question too, but I think this way: if somebody try to
10 hack using these 'cool' :) accounts then there probably exists some servers
11 with these 'cool' accounts or there exists some hidden meaning for trying
12 to login using these accounts ... or this 'hacker' is idiot.
13
14 So my initial question mean: is community sure there is no such 'hidden
15 meaning' in these attacks?
18 WBR, Alex.
21 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list