From: Anthony Metcalf <anthony.metcalf@×××××××××××.cx>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Do I need to rebuild things after upgrading ssl?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:40:04
1 On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:27:59 +0100
2 Johan Andersson <johan@×××××.net> wrote:
5 > But there may be packages that doesn't have the ssl useflag set, but
6 > instead depend on ssl. To find installed packages depending on
7 > openssl, run: qpkg -I -q openssl
8 >
9 > Both lists may contain packages that is not in the other list.
10 >
11 > revdep-rebuld can be used to recompile those that use openssl
12 > dynamicly, but not staticly.
13 >
14 > I say we need a new method to keep track of this.
15 I second that :)
16 Guess I'm left with looking through the ebuilds for the rsults of the
17 above two commands to see if any have the static use flag. Now where did
18 that grep tutorial go...