From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Weird Network and Portage Digest Issues
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:32:53
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:11:03 -0400 (EDT)
3 "Joey McCoy" <ixion@××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Hey guys,
6 >
7 > I thought maybe these issues were related to my home systems, but I've
8 > noticed the same problems here at work today.
9 <snip>
10 > What is going on here? Is there some new DoS causing the downloads to
11 > hang? If so, what's up with the bad digests? I haven't noticed any new
12 > attacks in my IDS logs, but I haven't been paying much attention to my
13 > firewall logs.. could there be some exploit intercepting emerge
14 > downloads?
17 Nothing so fancy I'm afraid. We had a broken mirror that would do html
18 meta redidrects, effectively borking all files downloaded.
19
20 //Spider
23 begin .signature
24 Tortured users / Laughing in pain