From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Let's blow the whistle
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:54:22
1 Kurt Lieber writes:
2
3 > When I privately suggested an alternate solution that
4 > works better with the tools the devs already use, scales
5 > far better and solves the problem more completely than
6 > your solution does, you didn't want to hear about it.
7
8 Look. I am really tempted to actually _post_ some of the
9 e-mail you sent me, because I feel that stuff like
10
11 | You aren't helping anyone. You're simply being an
12 | asshole. Welcome to my killfile, asshole.
13
14 suggests you are not perfectly objective about who stopped
15 talking to whom. Alas, it is a waste of time because you
16 won't be swayed from your opinion and the other readers on
17 the list don't care.
18
19 So to address your point
20
21 > You obviously feel quite passionately about this issue
22 > and just as obviously don't like the timeframe being
23 > discussed for fixing this issue as it stands.
24
25 instead, check out this:
26
27 | From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
28 | Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
29 | Message-ID: <20041107154046.GG10927@×××××××××××.org>
30 |
31 | [...]
32 |
33 | > (3) Is there any estimate how long this will take?
34 |
35 | n/a
36 |
37 | [...]
40 > So why not take that passion and devote it to writing
41 > some python code that fixes the issue? You claim you want
42 > to help Gentoo. Put your code where your mouth is.
43
44 Kurt, I am sorry, but I simply don't know how the internals
45 of your main site and mirroring system work. Without that
46 knowledge, there is really, really little I can do from
47 here. The problem is not implementing lots of Python code,
48 the problem is getting a bit of very simple shell code
49 _installed_ on the server in a way that makes sense.
50
51 So if your perception is that either I submit code RIGHT NOW
52 or I am not helping Gentoo, then I fear I am not helping
53 Gentoo.
54
55 Peter
59 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list