From: Jason Rojas <jason@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Trojan for Gentoo, part 2
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:50:57
8 Hello all,
9     I do think that it may have been something that should have been
10 looked into a bit more when first noticed. However, let me ask a few
11 questions,
12 1. In order to inject this you need to get access to a rsync mirror/run
13 one ?
14 2. How many times do you sync via someone's rsync mirror running out of
15 their house?
16 3. How many times has an rsync mirror been comprimised?
17
18 If it were installed on and of my 500 systems A. my firewall has me
19 covered, B. I would more than likely notice.
20 Just the few questions I had pop into my head about this subject.
21 Now mind you I am not trying to be an ass about this but I do see both
22 sides to this issue.
23 But as people have said already. signed ebuilds.
26 -Jason
27