From: Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:38:12
1 Martin Pajak schreef:
2 > Martin Zwickel schrieb:
3 >> On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:37:04 +0200
4 >> Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be> bubbled:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>>
8 >>> I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
9 >>> printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
10
11 >> Isn't Windows able to distribute patches from one machine over network?
12 >
13 > Yes, of course. If you have a Windows 2000/2003 server, there is a
14 > package (SUS = Software Update Services) intended to do this.
15 >
16 > Helpfull link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_Update_Services
17
18 The problem with these tools is that they aren't transparent, squid
19 seems like a far better choice for our situation (new machines &
20 repairs), however, i've found various conflicting info on this, will
21 have to test it to find out.
22 --
23 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list