From: Martin Pajak <joe@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:51:04
1 Martin Zwickel schrieb:
2 > On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:37:04 +0200
3 > Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be> bubbled:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
8 >> printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
9 >
10 > Ask Microsoft and Apple... Maybe a squid proxy could help you save
11 > bandwidth?!
12 >
13 > Isn't Windows able to distribute patches from one machine over network?
14
15 Yes, of course. If you have a Windows 2000/2003 server, there is a
16 package (SUS = Software Update Services) intended to do this.
17
18 Helpfull link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_Update_Services
21 regards Martin
22 --