From: Devon <devon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] TCP vulnerability
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:10:44
1 On Thursday 22 April 2004 02:34 am, Daniel Brandt wrote:
2 > It sure looks like another silly attempt to make a name in the security
3 > industry by publishing old research; profiting on the community if you
4 > will.
5 >
6 > Nothing new, only the same thing that has been pushing more and more people
7 > to not release their research to the public.
8
9 Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but how do others rehashing prior
10 research make one not want to publish their new original research? If no one
11 spoke publically about the TCP ISN problems back in '98 (or whatever), we
12 couldn't sit here today and say we knew about this issue already.
13
14 Are these people afraid that when they release their research they will not
15 get credited and then someone else comes later, states the same thing, and
16 gets the whole Internet in an up roar? Jealousy?
17
18 Devon
21 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list