From: David vasil <vasil@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [gentoo-security] postfix and SASL
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:53:05
Joe Strusz wrote:
> I ran the saslpasswd2 -c <username> command to no avail... im still > receiving the blasted password prompt. > > I know that sasl uses sasldb2 by default, but i swear i changed that to > pam.
I really hate to say it, but have you consulted any of the fine documentation that comes with Postfix, Cyrus-SASL, or even the gentoo-wiki.com HOWTOs? With all of the documentation available on the web, I'm not certain the gentoo-security mailing list is the proper place to be debugging your postfix/sasl problems. http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email_System_for_the_Home_Network#Adding_SMTP-AUTH_To_Postfix -dave -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list