From: Andrew Jaquith <ajaquith@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Let's blow the whistle
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:20:10
1 I've lost track on where we are on this thread.
2
3 That said -- there is a perfectly good standard for signing and
4 verifying files in large-scale collections of code. It's called a
5 signed JAR file. The 'jarsigner -verify my.jar' command works very
6 nicely.
7
8 http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jar/jar.html
9
10 The file format itself is ZIP rather than tar or gzip.
11
12 Peter -- I appreciate your efforts to raise the visibility of this
13 issue.
14
15 Andrew Jaquith
16 Senior Project Manager