From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Chris Frey <cdfrey@×××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Trojan for Gentoo, part 2
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:24:13
1 On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 07:31:25PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Frey wrote:
2 > 1.5 years is a long time to figure out how to sign an ebuild. It puzzles
3 > me that there is such resistence to these security steps, and not just
4 > in Gentoo.
5
6 It may have been a long time coming, but that doesn't mean there is
7 "resistance" to implementing the security measures. It simply means that
8 other things have taken priority up until now.
9
10 I can easily use the same flawed logic and say, "well, none of our users
11 ever bothered to submit patches to portage to implement GPG signing, so it
12 must not be important to them."
13
14 --kurt