From: Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Idea for easily checking for security updates.
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:06:22
1 On Monday 09 February 2004 12:34 pm, Matt Steven wrote:
2
3 > I like the idea of
4 >
5 > emerge -u security
6 >
7 > But specifying what sort of security threat it is seems a waste of time, I
8 > think for most of us a security hole is a security hole, and they should
9 > all be patched asap.
12 I think it's nice to have the choice. And maybe some users run firewalls, or
13 other servers where there are no local users. (I know I'd still upgrade the
14 local stuff too, but...) Or maybe they run servers in intranet environments
15 where they don't need to upgrade because of the chance of a DoS on Apache.
16
17 It's all about choice.
21 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list