From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Let's blow the whistle
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:30:56
1 Hans-Werner Hilse writes:
2
3 > But i doubt that you really manage to hack up my BIND,
4 > place a transparent proxy in my connection to the net or
5 > convince me to use your fake mirror.
6
7 Step #1: The problem doesn't exist.
8
9 Step #2: The problem may exist, but it isn't exploitable.
10
11 Step #3: The problem may be exploitable, but it is
12 extremely unlike to happen.
13
14 Step #5: Well, maybe it is a problem, but there are far
15 more serious problems, so we don't need to fix it.
16
17 Step #6: Even if it were worth fixing, it is way too
18 difficult to do.
19
20 Step #7: Alright, alright. We will fix it as soon as we
21 find the time.
22
23 Step #8: Great job, idiot, now that you have drawn attention
24 the fact that clueless user's machines can be
25 hacked, it is _your_ fault rather than the ours.
26
27 Step #9: Please download the latest Service Pack.
31 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list