From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Jan Dušek" <j.d@×××××××××.cz>
Cc: Koon <koon@××××××.net>, gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] For folks interested in helping with gentoo security efforts
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:37:12
1 On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:02, Jan Dušek wrote:
2 > Koon wrote:
3 > > OK, I think I could help in all areas, particularly 1, 2 and 4. I would
4 > > help from work, so I cannot devote full-time to this, but I definitely
5 > > can help.
6 > >
7 > > Kurt : the first step in building an official team for this would be to
8 > > have an official Gentoo "project" devoted to security (I didn't found
9 > > one on the project page, should be in metastructure or qa ?) so that we
10 > > can all know who the leads are, what profiles and docs are needed etc.
13 > isn't that the hardened project?
14 > (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/index.xml)
15
16 No not at all.
17 gentoo-hardened is preventive
18 gentoo-security is reactive
21 > <quote>
22 > Project Description
23 > Hardened Gentoo is a project which oversees the research,
24 > implementation, and maintainence of security oriented projects for
25 > Gentoo Linux. We are a team of very competent individuals dedicated to
26 > bringing advanced security to Gentoo with a number of subprojects.
27 > </quote>
28 >
29 > --jd
32 > > -K