From: "Jan Dušek" <j.d@×××××××××.cz>
To: Koon <koon@××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] For folks interested in helping with gentoo security efforts
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:02:30
1 Koon wrote:
2 > OK, I think I could help in all areas, particularly 1, 2 and 4. I would
3 > help from work, so I cannot devote full-time to this, but I definitely
4 > can help.
5 >
6 > Kurt : the first step in building an official team for this would be to
7 > have an official Gentoo "project" devoted to security (I didn't found
8 > one on the project page, should be in metastructure or qa ?) so that we
9 > can all know who the leads are, what profiles and docs are needed etc.
12 isn't that the hardened project?
13 (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/index.xml)
14
15 <quote>
16 Project Description
17 Hardened Gentoo is a project which oversees the research,
18 implementation, and maintainence of security oriented projects for
19 Gentoo Linux. We are a team of very competent individuals dedicated to
20 bringing advanced security to Gentoo with a number of subprojects.
21 </quote>
22
23 --jd
26 > -K