From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SELinux support Reiserfs?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:28:51
1 Ben Maynard wrote:
2
3 >Hi Chris
4 >
5 >If I recall correctly reiserfs isn't support since it doesn't support
6 >extended attributes or the namespace extensions that selinux requires.
7 >It has been a few months since I dealt with SELinux though so there may
8 >be patches available now.
9 >
10 >HTH
11 >
12 >Ben
13 >
14 Thanks Ben,
15 The kernel shows reiserfs as having some extended attribute support, but
16 I wasn't sure if it was everything that SELinux needed.
17
18 <*> Reiserfs support
19 [*] ReiserFS extended attributes
20 [*] ReiserFS POSIX Access Control Lists
21 [*] ReiserFS Security Labels
22
23 CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY:
24 Security labels support alternative access control models
25 implemented by security modules like SELinux. This option
26 enables an extended attribute handler for file security
27 labels in the ReiserFS filesystem.
28
29 I guess I'll stick have to research more or go ext3.
30
31 Cheers,
32 Chris
33 --