From: Chris Frey <cdfrey@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Re: Let's blow the whistle
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:07:40
1 On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:01:18PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > You suggested one "solution" which is sub-optimal.
3 [snip]
4 > You don't seem very interested in solving this problem. Instead, you seem
5 > very interested in making a lot of noise.
6
7 Peter's latest suggestion on the list was quite detailed and would
8 seem to work now. He even suggested that the global signing key
9 be auto-revoked in 3 months, to let it be known that it is a temporary
10 measure.
11
12 I think that those concerned enough to run the verification script would
13 not mind the occasional missing sha1sum from a file that wasn't checked
14 in the proper time window. They would just delete that particular file,
15 or sync again.
16
17 I think this is ideal. It provides a (sub-optimal) solution
18 that works over night, while not hindering any forward progress on the
19 optimal one.
20
21 If someone posted a working and self-tested shell script that does this
22 task, could it be installed? Who do we contact to make that decision?
23
24 In hope,
25 - Chris
29 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list