From: Andrew Joyce <joyce@××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Gentoo TOTALLY secure now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:35:06
1 At 12:45 AM EST Peter Simons wrote:
2
3 >And now I'll do what some real tough security experts here
4 >wanted all along. I'll cease posting.
5 >
6 >Until next time.
7 >
8 >Peter
9
10 At 1:23 PM EST Peter Simons wrote:
11
12 >Kurt Lieber writes:
13 >
14 > > Whatever you do, please stop flaming, attacking and
15 > > degrading the people of this list. Enough is enough.
16 >
17 >The rule is quiet simple: You piss me off, I piss you off.
18 >
19 >And what pisses me off is not that _I_ have been treated
20 >somewhat unfriendly here on this list, it is that "some"
21 >guys are recklessly ignoring a security vulnerability that
22 >threatens your users -- no matter how minor the risk may be.
23 >And I don't think you experts should judge that risk, I
24 >think the user should.
25 >
26 >If that is not on-topic here, and I wonder what is.
27 >
28 >Peter
32 A man of your word I see.
33
34 Your point has been acknowledged. Posting demeaning comments is not at
35 all useful or constructive and only serves to make everyone think that
36 you are serving another end than altruism.
37
38 No response is necessary.
39
40 Thanks,