From: Matt Brown <mattbrown.lists@××××××××.net>
To: poohsuntzu@×××××××.net, "gentoo-security@l.g.o" <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:53:41
On Tuesday 06 January 2004 09:27 am, Pooh Sun Tzu wrote:
> Greetings, > I have been with gentoo for about 3 months now, but only recently > decided I needed a firewall. Don't ask, as I still feel simply not > having ports open is just as good as a firewall that blocks them. > Regardless, I would love your suggestions on firewalls avalaible for > Gentoo. Also, if you could provide a brief explaination instead of just > a name, that would make my day much easier. Thanks!
emerge net-firewall/shorewall "Shorewall is high-level tool for configuring Netfilter" (iptables). The configuration files for shorewall are much easier to understand and edit than dealing with iptables rules directly. This is a really nice tool and I highly recommend it. -- Matt Brown LAMP Host -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions? Pooh Sun Tzu <poohsuntzu@×××××××.net>