From: Koon <koon@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Gentoo security policy
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:57:33
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > Because we don't have enough people on-staff willing to help out with these
3 > types of issues.
4
5 Could you detail in what areas help is needed, so that we can evaluate
6 if our profiles (free time and knowledge) can fit in ?
7
8 Tobias Weisserth wrote:
9 > What about the announcement item in the forums? If one GLSA does appear
10 > there, ALL should. If you don't maintain the security announcements in
11 > the forum, then scrap it. All places where security announcements are
12 > issued should be kept in sync under all circumstances. It's better to
13 > scrap one of these places then having it out of sync.
14
15 The announcement item in the forums looks in sync. And I always received
16 all GLSAs in gentoo-announce.
17
18 However I had concern recently with the latest kernel GLSA which has
19 been over-delayed in my opinion. I've posted about this in this
20 mailing-list so that we can discuss steps to avoid such delays in the
21 future, but with no answer from the official people in charge.
22
23 There is one point where I agree with Tobias : too many GLSA diffusion
24 channels might increase the potential sync problems. gentoo main page,
25 forums, mailing-list(s), GLSA-test hub... I think we have to be careful
26 about that.
27
28 - Koon (ready to help if time and knowledge profile is appropriate)
31 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list