From: Andrea Ferraris <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] /dev/cdrom disappeared
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:03:29
1 In the evening it worked.
2 The day after in the morning, without any apparent action or log trace
3 it was desappeared.
4 It is the drive was there and connected and it worked as CD-WRITER,
5 but if I gave the command
6 mount /mnt/cdrom
7 it replayed that there was not /dev/cdrom/cdrom0 and really
8 /dev/cdrom/cdrom0 was not there. The day before it was there and
9 the CD-ROM worked. The kernel modules for the CD-ROM are there
10 in memory, if I give the command lsmod I see either cdrom either
11 ide-cd. What happened to devfsd so that it canceled my /dev/cdrom/cdrom0.
12 Also the kernel at boot after loading the modules sees the device.
13 I tried either the reboot, either to compile a new kernel (2.6.1), either
14 to use the previous ones gss-server-2.4.23_r5 (or something similar) and
15 gss-server-2.4.25_r6 (or something similar) and the CD doesn't
16 work with neither of them.
17
18 Any hints?
19
20 Thx to replying people and regards to everybody,
21
22 Andrea