From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] /dev/cdrom disappeared
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:50:10
1 Andrea,
2
3 You seem to have checked a lot of software issues, but have you
4 checked if the device is really physically working?
5
6 Regards,
7 Jose
8
9 Andrea Ferraris wrote:
10
11 >In the evening it worked.
12 >The day after in the morning, without any apparent action or log trace
13 >it was desappeared.
14 >It is the drive was there and connected and it worked as CD-WRITER,
15 >but if I gave the command
16 >mount /mnt/cdrom
17 >it replayed that there was not /dev/cdrom/cdrom0 and really
18 >/dev/cdrom/cdrom0 was not there. The day before it was there and
19 >the CD-ROM worked. The kernel modules for the CD-ROM are there
20 >in memory, if I give the command lsmod I see either cdrom either
21 >ide-cd. What happened to devfsd so that it canceled my /dev/cdrom/cdrom0.
22 >Also the kernel at boot after loading the modules sees the device.
23 >I tried either the reboot, either to compile a new kernel (2.6.1), either
24 >to use the previous ones gss-server-2.4.23_r5 (or something similar) and
25 >gss-server-2.4.25_r6 (or something similar) and the CD doesn't
26 >work with neither of them.
27 >
28 >Any hints?
29 >
30 >Thx to replying people and regards to everybody,
31 >
32 >Andrea