From: Jonathan Nichols <jnichols@×××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:07:15
1 > Indeed - this is why you can't really compare your experience with the once I
2 > posted. He may well have been using rubbish hardware - but even if he wasn't,
3 > the case remains this shows a vast improvement from cyrus over courier using
4 > the same hardware.
7 I can! My mail server is a piece of crap! :) (Athlon t-bird, 1ghz, 512mb
8 RAM, 60gb 7200rpm IDE disk)
9
10 I'm using courier on it, and the box was seeing 3000-5000 messages a day
11 (mostly spam, thanks to a user that insisted on using wildcard email
12 addresses.. bleah) and was doing ok.
13 I have several folders that each have over 10,000 messages and the
14 respond just fine with courier.
15
16 Squirrelmail can get through them ok too. the turck-mmcache
17 (e-accelerator now) helped out quite a bit.
18
19 Overall, I'd say that it depends on your situation and mail volume. I
20 have been very happy with courier. It's been stable and has never given
21 me any trouble.
22 --
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list