From: mRyOuNg <mryoung@×××××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-server@l.g.o" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Extract usernames from Active Directory
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:13:10
1 What about an easy ldap request selecting only samaccountname?
2
3 :: Baptiste Boilet
4 . (mobile)
5
6 On 28 juin 2011, at 20:41, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
7
8 > Hello list!
9 >
10 > I'm in the process of setting up a pair of cloud-based email gateways
11 > based on Postfix. The gateways are meant to perform 'front line
12 > filtering' against spammers, before the messages entered the measly
13 > bandwidth into my company's DMZ.
14 >
15 > The 'missing ingredient' would be a way to extract the usernames from
16 > Windows' Active Directory. I don't really need a full-fledged AD-LDAP
17 > synchronization, just a way to get them names into a nice list with
18 > which 'postmap' can act upon.
19 >
20 > I plan to run the extractor tool every 30 minutes on one of the Gentoo
21 > servers in the DMZ, and automagically push the extraction result -- if
22 > there's anything new -- onto the mail gateways using rsync. And have
23 > yet-another-script at the gateways run 15 minutes afterwards to
24 > 'compile' a new file (maybe leveraging make's baked-in timestamp
25 > detection).
26 >
27 > Anyone knows what tool(s) I'll need? Especially for the AD extraction part?
28 >
29 > Rgds,
32 > --
33 > --