From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Extract usernames from Active Directory
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:28:58
1 Hello list!
2
3 I'm in the process of setting up a pair of cloud-based email gateways
4 based on Postfix. The gateways are meant to perform 'front line
5 filtering' against spammers, before the messages entered the measly
6 bandwidth into my company's DMZ.
7
8 The 'missing ingredient' would be a way to extract the usernames from
9 Windows' Active Directory. I don't really need a full-fledged AD-LDAP
10 synchronization, just a way to get them names into a nice list with
11 which 'postmap' can act upon.
12
13 I plan to run the extractor tool every 30 minutes on one of the Gentoo
14 servers in the DMZ, and automagically push the extraction result -- if
15 there's anything new -- onto the mail gateways using rsync. And have
16 yet-another-script at the gateways run 15 minutes afterwards to
17 'compile' a new file (maybe leveraging make's baked-in timestamp
18 detection).
19
20 Anyone knows what tool(s) I'll need? Especially for the AD extraction part?
21
22 Rgds,
27 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
28 My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/