From: Alessandro Ratti <alex@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Extract usernames from Active Directory
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:10:11
1 Il giorno 28/giu/2011, alle ore 20.41, Pandu Poluan ha scritto:
2
3 > Hello list!
4 >
5 > I'm in the process of setting up a pair of cloud-based email gateways
6 > based on Postfix. The gateways are meant to perform 'front line
7 > filtering' against spammers, before the messages entered the measly
8 > bandwidth into my company's DMZ.
9 >
10 > The 'missing ingredient' would be a way to extract the usernames from
11 > Windows' Active Directory. I don't really need a full-fledged AD-LDAP
12 > synchronization, just a way to get them names into a nice list with
13 > which 'postmap' can act upon.
14 >
15 > I plan to run the extractor tool every 30 minutes on one of the Gentoo
16 > servers in the DMZ, and automagically push the extraction result -- if
17 > there's anything new -- onto the mail gateways using rsync. And have
18 > yet-another-script at the gateways run 15 minutes afterwards to
19 > 'compile' a new file (maybe leveraging make's baked-in timestamp
20 > detection).
21 >
22 > Anyone knows what tool(s) I'll need? Especially for the AD extraction part?
23
24 You can try this one: http://www.likewise.com/
25
26 Let me know if it's solve your problem.
27
28 Regards
29
30 Alex