From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Plone, Apache and mod_rewrite
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:02:05
1 Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:
2
3 >Chris S wrote:
6 >>I have been struggling all afternoon with trying to get Plone (2.0.5-r1)
7 >>to work through Apache (2.0.54-r11) and am wondering if someone could
8 >>slap me over the head and point out what I'm doing wrong?
12 >How much have you changed the default configuration that comes with
13 >apache-2.0.54-r11? If not too much, make sure that you have -D PROXY in
14 >APACHE2_OPTS in /etc/conf.d/apache2. (In the default configuration, the
15 >line to enable mod_proxy is wrapped in a <IfDefine PROXY> block.)
18 Thanks for your reply. I didn't change much at all. I tried your
19 suggestion however it did not make any difference.
20 I then tried with proxypass in vhosts.conf:
21 "ProxyPass /
22 http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.test.com:80/test/VirtualHostRoot/
23 ProxyPassReverse /
24 http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.test.com:80/test/VirtualHostRoot/"
25 and that worked, sortof - it didn't look right, but loaded the page.
26
27 Then when I set it back to the ReWrite Rules and took out all proxy
28 stuff, it started working... it was very strange! I can't remember
29 changing anything else..
30 but now it works. I have set this up a number of times, but this time
31 was bizaare!
32
33 Thanks for your suggestion and if I am in need of help again I'll be
34 sure to swing by #gentoo-apache ;)
35
36 -c
37 --