From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] virtual/qmail?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:29:39
1 Mariusz Pękala wrote:
2 >>That would be great but how do I make portage happy? Is there a config file
3 >>somewhere in which I can put "virtual/qmail-1.03 = mail-mta/qmail-1.03*" ?
6 > No, just emerge (or have emerged) mail-mta/qmail or other package that
7 > satisfies virtual's dependency.
8 >
9 > In your case, I strongly believe, you don't need any additional steps
10 > besides emerging the virtual/qmail itself.
13 I'm sorry, but I'm still confused... sometimes I'm so dense.
14
15 In your previous email you said you didn't think I needed to reinstall qmail, but here you
16 say just emerge mail-mta/qmail... um, and then you say all I need to do is emerge
17 virtual/qmail.
18
19 That sounds like two different things to emerge (though I expect it's not)... and I
20 already have mail-mta/qmail-1.03-r16 installed.
21
22 So,really all I want is to figure out how to make portage NOT tell me I need to install
23 virtual/qmail-1.03... how do I do that?
24
25 b
26
27 PS: your signature is really funny!